Our legal team has decades of combined experience litigating property damage claims statewide. First, we represented insurance companies in Florida, and now we fight for you.
Adam Lewis is a partner at Dicus Burke & Lewis, PLLC where he focuses his practice on assisting commercial and residential property owners with insurance claims against their insurance company. Based in Tampa, he represents clients throughout the state of Florida. Mr. Lewis has been admitted to practice in Florida since 2009, and he is additionally admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida. Mr. Lewis is also a certified appraiser and umpire by the Windstorm Insurance Network and handles appraisals throughout the state of Florida.
Mr. Lewis has extensive experience in handling first-party insurance claim litigation, both as defense counsel for insurance companies, as well as on behalf of homeowners and other aggrieved parties. The types of cases that he has worked on have included damages and other losses stemming from wind, hail, hurricanes, flood and other water damage, sinkholes, lightning, and fire.
Mr. Lewis’s background has additionally encompassed personal injury and wrongful death litigation, and he has assisted plaintiffs who were seriously harmed as the result of the negligence of other parties as well as insurance companies and their policyholders who were named as defendants in these types of actions. The types of cases that Mr. Lewis has worked on in this regard have arisen from incidents involving premises liability, truck, motorcycle, and other motor vehicle crashes, auto-pedestrian accidents, and animal bites. His work on behalf of plaintiffs has resulted in his clients receiving substantial compensation through both jury awards and negotiated settlements, and it has resulted in him being named to the invitation-only Million Dollar Advocates Forum. A graduate of Stetson University College of Law, Mr. Lewis’s other honors include an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- Stetson University College of Law, Deland, Florida
- University of Florida
- B.A. - 2005
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Criminology
- Florida, 2009
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2016
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2016
- Texas, 2022
- Insurance Coverage
- Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- Member of the Trial Lawyers and Real Property, Probate and Trust Sections, 2009
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2019
- AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell
Certified Legal Specialties
- Windstorm Insurance Network Certified Umpire, 2021
- Windstorm Insurance Network Certified Appraiser, 2020
- Instructor for Continuing Education courses. Florida Department of Financial Services, 2012
- Plaintiff verdict in a jury trial relating to residential sinkhole claim, 2017
- Plaintiff verdict in jury trial relating to residential sinkhole claim, 2014
- Adam represents individuals, partnerships and corporations who are denied or underpaid insurance benefits by their insurance carrier in connection with an insurance claim
- Lectured with defense counsel, engineer and roofer regarding handling of roof evaluations and claims, Presenter, Roof Evaluations & Concerns Following a Loss, Wind Insurance Network, Insurance, Homeowners, 2020
- Lectured with defense counsel and engineer on issues facing insurers and policyholders in roof claims in Florida, Presenter, Is the Roof Repairable?, Windstorm Insurance Network, Insurance, 2019